ISEA President joins UP ISSI’s WISE Webinar in celebration of the 2021 National Women’s Month
In celebration of the 2021 National Women’s Month in March, the University of the Philippines – Institute for Small-Scale Industries (UP ISSI) held a Women in Social Enterprises (WISE) webinar on “Community Empowerment and Economic Development through Social Entrepreneurship” last March 30 Zoom and Facebook Live platforms.
The webinar featured Filipino women in the field of social entrepreneurship, highlighting their stories, experiences and contributions to society. It also provided a space for meaningful conversation on the challenges women social entrepreneurs face and the kind of support that they need to address such, as well as to maximize opportunities for growth.
During the said webinar, ISEA President, Marie Lisa Dacanay shared the overview of Social Enterprises in the Philippines. She also tackled what the PRESENT Bill is and its benefits to social enterprises. Aside from ISEA, other invited organizations were Davao Oriental Coco Husk Social Enterprise, Inc. (DOCHSEI), and Igting (Maigting na Samahan ng mga Panlipunang Negosyante ng Towerville).
To stream the webinar, you may go to this link: https://fb.watch/6pdsJj5RQp/
- ISEA conducts Seminar Workshops on the BTP WEE in AVCs for Corporate Agribusiness and SMEs/SEs for June to August 2023
- Local Ordinance on Poverty Reduction filed, holds its first Reading and Committee Hearing in Pasig City
- ISEA holds its 4th Social Enterprise Advocacy and Leveraging (SEAL) Asia Conference with more than 150 onsite and virtual participants
- Senate tackles bills promoting social enterprises to address poverty
- Social Enterprise Exhibit and Trade Fair at Philippine Congress to push for the passing of the PRESENT Bill