Vision, Mission, and Strategic Objectives
The Institute for Social Entrepreneurship in Asia (ISEA) envisions a critical mass of social and development entrepreneurs and enterprises making a difference for the poor and marginalized in the markets and economies of Asia, and creating innovative pathways towards equitable and sustainable development.
ISEA is committed to harnessing the intellectual, human, social and financial capital in Asian societies in building a learning community and a nurturing environment for the advancement of social entrepreneurship in the region.
STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES AND KEY RESULT AREAS
ISEA aspires to be a leading resource institution nurturing a broad-based learning and action network on social entrepreneurship and enterprise development in Asia. ISEA seeks to synergize and enhance knowledge creation, learning exchange and capacity development among social enterprises and their resource institutions to catalyze the consolidation of what is currently a fragmented social enterprise sector in the region.
ISEA also seeks to build bridges and interfaces between the social enterprise sector and the business community towards creating new models and benchmarks for pursuing social responsibility in the markets of Asia.
ISEA strives to develop a common understanding of social enterprises and their role in promoting social equity and sustainability, towards advancing a movement for social entrepreneurship in the region.
ISEA is pursuing the following major objectives:
- To develop the capabilities of key civil society actors operating in various country contexts in Asia (i.e. developed, developing and socialist economy in transition) on social entrepreneurship and enterprise development
- To develop an accessible, practitioner-oriented knowledge base on social entrepreneurship and enterprise development generated across various country contexts in Asia
- To develop a learning network within civil society across different country contexts that are actively involved in social entrepreneurship knowledge creation and sharing
- To build partnerships with the business community to promote mutual learning and develop new benchmarks and models for pursuing social responsibility in the marketplace.
- To create partnerships and platforms for social and development entrepreneurs to engage government, academe, media and the business sector in advancing and creating a favorable climate for social entrepreneurship in key countries in the region.
- To build a sustainable and viable Institute.