ISEA President joins UP ISSI’s WISE Webinar in celebration of the 2021 National Women’s Month
In celebration of the 2021 National Women’s Month in March, the University of the Philippines – Institute for Small-Scale Industries (UP ISSI) held a Women in Social Enterprises (WISE) webinar on “Community Empowerment and Economic Development through Social Entrepreneurship” last March 30 Zoom and Facebook Live platforms.
The webinar featured Filipino women in the field of social entrepreneurship, highlighting their stories, experiences and contributions to society. It also provided a space for meaningful conversation on the challenges women social entrepreneurs face and the kind of support that they need to address such, as well as to maximize opportunities for growth.
During the said webinar, ISEA President, Marie Lisa Dacanay shared the overview of Social Enterprises in the Philippines. She also tackled what the PRESENT Bill is and its benefits to social enterprises. Aside from ISEA, other invited organizations were Davao Oriental Coco Husk Social Enterprise, Inc. (DOCHSEI), and Igting (Maigting na Samahan ng mga Panlipunang Negosyante ng Towerville).
To stream the webinar, you may go to this link: https://fb.watch/6pdsJj5RQp/
- RTD: Accelerating Women’s Economic Empowerment in Agricultural Value Chains
- Guidelines for Accelerating Women’s Economic Empowerment in Agricultural Value Chains Launched￼
- WANT TO BEAT POVERTY IN SOUTH-EAST ASIA? START BY SUPPORTING ITS WOMEN FARMERS
- Transformational AVC Guidelines Paper
- ISEA, Oxfam Pilipinas conduct a learning session series for BARMM Partners